Hello Northern NJ LMTs! Below are the information highlights from last Saturday’s meeting:
- Topic: Branding and “The Hustle” of Being a Self-Employed Massage Therapist
- Talking Point: Asking questions can make the client assess how they feel, or how their actions can impact the tension in their bodies. We don’t need to have all of the answers, just ask the right questions that can get the client involved in the healing process.
- Talking Point: How you identify yourself is free marketing. When you meet someone new, do you introduce yourself as something you’re already established as? Or do you own that you’re a massage therapist and promote what you’re wanting to build? Get people interested in what you do and how you’re different. What’s your passion, and how do you pursue it? “Sell without selling” Being passionate rarely sounds or feels like selling.
- Interested in joining in on our LMT Group Practice sessions? Fill out your information HERE.
- AMTA NJ Updates from 10/15/18:
- Previous Member concern regarding the Sales Taxation of Massage Therapy.
- There has been a bill to remove Massage as a Sales Taxable service since 2008 (NJ S1456), however, it is unlikely to be pursued politically unless a large push financially and as an association is initiated because there is still a large side of massage that is associated with luxury. It was initially included to help NJ with its large deficit, and is likely going to continue to be utilized in this way.
- The Massage Board is unable to lobby on our behalf regarding this issue, but they are able to “Support” or “Support with Comment”.
- Ways that we can use taxation to our advantage:
- By accepting prescriptions or letters of medical necessity to exempt clients from paying sales tax, it further educates the medical community, and community at large, that we are continuing to align ourselves with the health care field.
- We are also able to charge FSA/HSA cards depending on the client’s benefits. Spread the word!
- NEXT Hoboken LMT Meet UP
Saturday, November 10th
@ Panera Bread
1310 Washington St., Hoboken, NJ 07030
We will be in the back booths with an AMTA sign on the table.
ALL LMTs and Students are Welcome!
This is open to ALL LMTs and Students. We will be discussing How to Price & Package for the Holidays to Keep Clients Coming In.